Friday, January 14, 2011

The Revelations of an Illegitimate Child (Part 3)

... Now that I’m past twenty years old, when all my memories were flashing before my eyes, I realized, was it because we were only a second family that’s why we were not so close with our father’s relatives?  I do not know my cousins in my father’s side.  We were not invited whenever they have family gatherings.  I only see them in pictures.  I’m not so sure if they even knew us.  We were not properly introduced to them as my father’s other children.  I’m afraid that they will just look at us the way that lady misjudged us. I’m afraid they were fed the wrong information. I also feel shy when I got the chance to meet some of them, I really felt inferior.  I felt something was really holding me back or maybe I’m just not used to the feeling.  However, with all fairness, my father’s relatives were nice; they were all professionals and intelligent people.  I personally have nothing against them; maybe it’s just a choice that we were distant to them as of the moment.
Up to this day, I still couldn’t help but feel something awkward about the lady who used to live with us.  I guess I was just deeply wounded and hurt not for myself but more for my mother because of her letter years ago. I have forgiven her already for I know that she was also a victim of misconception, and just like me, she was also a victim of the situation.  I just hold to one belief- not because I was born illegitimate makes me less of everything in life, I am also my father’s child, I have every opportunity that goes along with it. It does not matter how she looks at my mom for not all mistresses are mistresses. In God’s time I know I will forget everything, after all we are forever be sisters in blood, whether half or full, illegitimate or not.

THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment